Understanding Kubernetes clusters with observability

Developer technologies, such as Kubernetes, are rapidly evolving. Driven by a quest to deliver faster performance, optimised efficiency, and enhanced business results, organisations are under pressure to keep up with the changing needs of engineering teams, as well as their customers.

While developer tools are geared towards progression, the speed of change means that they sometimes miss the forest for the trees. In today’s world, the most prevalent tool within the industry is...

Setting containers free: Keep IT in line with business needs

The adoption of containers in enterprises is in full swing, with container platforms like Kubernetes fast becoming the de facto standard for deploying applications to production. Indeed, a recent study of data protection strategies for containers found that 67% of respondents are already running containers for production applications, while the remaining 33% plan to do so within the next 12 months.

Enabling application developers to package small, focused code into independent...

What’s behind the rise and rise of containers?

Shipping containers.

The development and success of open source application container technologies - particularly Docker and Kubernetes - are having a transformational effect on application development across today’s software-centric organisations. Key to their success is the inherent flexibility and efficiency they add to the process of developing software applications.

Among their many benefits, application containers are not only lightweight but offer extremely rapid provisioning, often in...

GitLab: 2020 was a ‘catalyst for DevOps maturation’

GitLab’s fifth annual DevSecOps survey reveals that last year was pivotal for the maturation of DevOps.

The only silver lining from the disaster of a year that was 2020 is that it helped to highlight inefficiencies with legacy processes and technologies. As the world looks to "build back better" from the pandemic, the work of DevOps teams should provide some inspiration.

Eric Johnson, CTO at GitLab, said:

“This year’s Global DevSecOps Survey shows that...